Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy Noruz 1391

Woke at at 5:50AM. gave ride to Linda to the rail station and came back to sleep. Hadn't slept very well at night. Mainly because of the conference call that Mike, Andrew and I had together the night before, and realizing how Andrew pushed me to drop my title.
A vey good day at work. Morning was spent on answering emails and helping people with their questions. Board meeting started at 1PM and lasted for two hours. The board meetings are becoming larger and larger. Not sure if they are becoming more productive if not less. Probably the best aspect of it is if they know someone who can help or propose some companies who can help (thu so far, vey few of those referrals and post-meeting follow ups have been materialized.
After board meeting, Mike left to SF to meet with VCs with Andrew. I met with Tim, one of the investors and advisor at Williams coffee for a 15 min chat. I really did not know what I was going to ask or talk about. I felt I don't want to show myself as someone who just complains all the time, so, decided to ask some general advise and questions about Tim's pas business experience and if he has gone though similar problems as we are going through now (that is, having to deal with politics than actually focusing on doing the business). Tim said it is very common and that I have to be frank and straightforward when speaking to Mike about my concerns. I guess that just confirmed what I was planning to do and made me more certain.

Had a meeting with Jordan about content course packs and then picked up Linda. Went shopping and then I started cooking Sabzi Polo ba Mahi. It took a while, and I realized i did not have tamrind (something which I never knew was necessary for cooking Mahi!). Looks like there are 100 different eclipse for making the same persian food when you google online. Wanted to make the 7-Sin, but turned out we had rad out of Apple. I just made a broken ugly version of 7-sin. I was planning to pain eggs and spend more times on it, but then stopped: Who cares really? Then I felt how some rituals survive from generation and generation without any change. I concluded that if any rituals survived for a long time with no modification, that must have served a good thing in the life of majority of the population. its hard to think what good things 7-Sin serves, but I know it doesn't harm anyone in the society. So, perhaps, for a rituals to pass through generation with no change, it just has to be harmless to any one including minorities in the society.

I think I should start writing in a dairy style in 1391. Lets see how much I can keep with tho resolution for my new year!
Happy Norouz

No comments:

Post a Comment